Sunday, April 19, 2015

Topeka Flashback

I stumbled upon something quite wonderful this weekend, I believe it can show you the Topeka of the past.

These three video's can show you how far we have come from the Topeka of the past. Each video is aproximatly 8 minutes long and will take you to a better time, The 70's.

The video's were created by the Greater Topeka Chamber of Commerce and Southwestern Bell Telephone. Thats right, I said Southwestern Bell Telephone, you might know it as a little company called AT&T. The video's show many local businesses, attractions, and Topeka as a whole.
Please enjoy, I know I did!



Thanks for reading, 
Ben

5 comments:

  1. I always feel like I should of been born in the 70's, that would explain my love for Nixon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I'm in shock!! I was born and raised here and had no idea that these videos existed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It feels like I've lived in Topeka forever, but I'm always surprised to learn new history. I do believe I recall the transition from Southwestern Bell to AT&T, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old videos. These are really neat. Great find Ben!

    ReplyDelete